Pages

Wednesday 8 December 2010

Review: Lacura Bi-Phase Eye Make-up Remover

Now I don't know about you but after the furore over the Lacura anti-wrinkle creams and serums that has happened a few times over the last couple of years, I can't resist having a peek at what they've got to offer. In case you missed all the excitement (unlikely), Lacura is available from Aldi, yes the bargain German supermarket. Random, but I do have a few of their bits and do really like most of it.

Anyway, on a Aldi trip a few weeks ago I noticed this eye makeup remover and as I was running low on my L'Oreal, picked it up for around £2.99
I think, so around the same as the L'Oreal I think.

This claims to "remove makeup thoroughly and gently" and also says it is suitable for removing waterproof makeup without leaving an oily residue.
I shake the bottle and pour a little onto a cotton pad and that is enough to re
move my non-waterproof mascara and eyeshadow from one eye. It actually picks the makeup off your face, as opposed to remove it from your eyes but just push it around the rest of your face as some removers do. It doesn't sting or irritate my eyes but then again they are not particularly sensitive. One claim it doesn't live up to however, is the oily residue. It does leave some, not as bad as others and it does disappear with a quite swipe of tissue or something. I don't actually mind the residue as it makes my eye cream feel amazing, especially as I am using an eye cream I was contemplating chucking out as I wasn't rating it. Still not loving it but my estimations are rising....
I don't know that I love this and I am sure that there are better eye makeup removers out there but for the price which is cheap as far as makeup removers go, and the fact that it improves the performance of other products I use, makes it a potential repurchase. If you spot this next time your in Aldi, it's worth a try.

Have you used any Lacura products? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)