Pages

Saturday 12 March 2011

Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation

Argh I need to work on these blog titles! I know people use song titles and stuff but I get crazy songs stuck in my head that no one else needs to be reminded of!

I’ve been trying to do a kind of project 10 pan but without choosing ten products to use up, just by using ten items before buying any more! This is close to running out so I thought I’d share my thoughts before it dies it’s death.

BBSkin1BBSkin

I have this in the shade 0 Porcelain which is a pretty good match, Bobbi Brown foundations are all yellow toned which though I am not, it suits me and looks like my skin, funnily enough. The packaging is good, a heavy glass bottle with a great pump that has never failed me, though this should be expected for the price!

They say ‘A truly modern foundation that offers invisible, weightless coverage that looks like skin, not makeup. This long-wearing formula evens tone, minimises the appearances of pores, conceals imperfections and offers broad spectrum UV protection.’

When I visited the Bobbi Brown counter in my local John Lewis I said I wanted light to medium coverage that was long-lasting. This provides a light coverage at first but that can be built to medium without looking cakey. I apply either with my fingers or the Cosmopolitan beauty blender thing, I have used this with a few brushes before but none of them gave me a smooth even coverage, this can go a bit streaky if it isn’t well blended and it does dry quickly, though not as quickly as ColorStay. I apply one layer all over my face to even out my skintone and cover any blemishes/scarring, then apply another layer just over my forehead, nose and chin. It covers everything but doesn’t look fake or doll-like, pretty natural coverage.

As for long-lasting…I don’t know if I entirely agree. I wear this fairly often as I have to mix my other foundations at the moment while this I can slap on and go. Even set with powder you can guarantee it won’t be on my nose or chin by lunchtime nor anywhere else by the end of the day and that’s with a primer. For this reason I try not to wear it if I’m going out all day or if I want to look my best but for work and things it’s fine. However for £30 I would want more than a foundation I’m happy to wear to work but little else.

It says on the Bobbi Brown website that this is suitable for normal/combination/combination dry skin. I have normal/combination/oily skin and this doesn’t accentuate any oily or dry patches. It is water based and oil-free so be careful when pumping it out as it you need to catch it on the back of your hand!

I don’t have any on-face pictures as the coverage is so light it didn’t really look like anything but I have some swatches comparing with other foundations.

BBSkinComparison

BBSkinComparison1

You can see it is slightly paler than Bourjois 51, Collection 2000 Vanilla and Revlon Buff, I mix these with Revlon PhotoReady in Ivory if I want to wear one of these in the winter.

I do like this foundation, it has been somewhat of a staple. However for £29 I would not repurchase, I have other foundations that would do the job just as well and probably last longer on me. If you have money to burn and have normal/combination skin and aren’t that bothered about coverage then give it a shot, there is a brilliant colour range, something to suit everyone.

Have you tried this? Or any other Bobbi Brown foundations? I haven’t tried anything else from the brand aside from the corrector/concealer (meh) and the gel eyeliner which I love and use regularly. I’d repurchase that in a second!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)