Pages

Friday 29 April 2011

NOTD & Grey Nail Comparison

Arf I need more imaginative post titles…

I find that I am more of a fiend for blue, grey and bright polishes rather than the taupes that people go wild for. As I was perusing Asos’ beauty section for any potential bargains I spotted Lucerne-tainly Look Marvellous from OPI’s Swiss Collection last year on sale for £5.63. I have this in my collection in mini form and have worn it once so I thought I’d chuck it on and see if it was worth a big bottle purchase. Then I thought if any of you guys were considering it I would compare it to some of my other grey polishes.

I honestly thought I had more dark grey polishes than this but hey, I suppose it’s for the best that I don’t. Here I have Models Own’s Gun Grey on my index finger, the OPI on my middle and little fingers and Color Club’s Revvvolution on my ring finger.

GreyNailsGreyNails1GreyNails3

They all have different finishes, Models Own is a pearly shade, OPI is metallic shimmery and Color Club is a holo. Models Own is clearly a darker shade, appearing black in almost all of the photos I took. Color Club and OPI look more similar but in real life Color Club is much more of a dark grey whereas OPI is a silver grey.

These pictures are two coats each of Models Own and Color Club. They could have been left at one but I did two for opaqueness in case they photographed patchy. Lucerne-tainly Look Marvellous was a three coater, I was anticipating four but three just about did it….

The finished mani

OPILucerneOPILucerne1OPILucerne2

Am I going to get a bigger bottle? No. I like it but I think I prefer Color Club’s Revvvolution. It is a nice colour but I don’t think it is particularly unique. That being said it is pretty much the same price as a Models Own polish if you get free delivery from Asos so if you don’t have anything like it give it a go by all means!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)