Pages

Monday 30 May 2011

Recent Empties–Yay Oder Nay?

Gutentag meine freunde!

I first want to issue a quick apology, I haven’t really been doing the best posts lately and I don’t really have much of an excuse for it. With all the recent rubbishness I think I just need time to concentrate on having fun with my friends and getting my life together…. I am going to try and make more of an effort and find some proper inspiration, the next few weeks will be hard as I am back on placement but as I will be in the other end of the country by myself I will have plenty of time on my hands I hope.

Anyway onwards and upwards, here are a few of the products I’ve used up this month. As I have been trying to save money which hasn’t worked in the slightest, there are a few things I have used and don’t have replacements for. Suggestions would be much appreciated!

First up…EmptiesClinique

I have had this tub of Clinique’s Moisture Surge for a while, it was part of a GWP. The name Moisture Surge convinced me that this would be waaaay to heavy for my normal/combo/oily skin, so much so that I didn’t bother opening it for a long while until I ran out of my usual moisturiser that I use on my drier (but still normal) bits where the moisturiser I use on my t-zone isn’t enough. I do really love this, it sank in immediately and didn’t leave me with a greasy feel. However at £30 for 50ml on the Clinique website this isn’t really repurchaseable. This is a 30ml jar and I got through it pretty quickly considering how long moisturisers usually last me, maybe when I have a ‘proper’ job with ‘proper’ money this wouldn’t be so extravagant now but at the moment with a minimum wage job and a holiday to pay for, no. At the moment I am using my Boots Skin Clear which is usually solely for my t-zone all over and at the moment it is doing a good job.

EmptiesDarphin

I got this tube of Darphin’s Vitalbaume in a giveaway I won before Christmas. I have said before about how dry my lips get and I do feel like I always have to have something on them. It is important that balms are long lasting on me because otherwise I get through them VERY quickly. This one was OK, it contains Shea butter, carnauba and beeswax and does feel moisturising but it didn’t last long on meaning I got through it in around three weeks of using it daily. It also wasn’t that moisturising meaning I frequently felt the need for something more heavy duty. Maybe if your lips weren’t so dry this would be ok but at £10.80 a tube I won’t be repurchasing.

EmptiesMAC

This is my second tube of MAC’s Prep + Prime Skin and for me it does the job. It comes out white and shimmery but sinks in quickly and leaves a ‘glow’ rather than shimmer face. I do like how it sinks in and leaves my skin itself feeling great rather than leaving a coating on it and it does make my face makeup application easier and more even. However I don’t particularly find it makes my makeup last that much longer, my pores are still pretty visible and it doesn’t help application to problem areas such as my nose. I do like this but at the same time feel there are primers out there more suited to my needs (pore coverage, longevity and oil control). At £18 for 30ml it isn’t the most expensive primer out there but I doubt I will repurchase. I am currently using Avon’s Magix primer instead.

Lastly…

EmptiesTrevorSorbie

Trevor Sorbie’s Beautiful Blonde Intensive Treatment was a quick purchase about a month or so ago when it was on special offer of 2 for £6 in Boots, I got this and a smoothing cream that I haven’t touched yet (oops!). This for me is a definite no go in the repurchasing stakes. Rather than feeling that the other products above were mediocre for my needs, I actually disliked this. First of all, I got through loads of it. It didn’t feel like it was covering my hair in the slightest. It is recommended to leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes and still manages to leave a disgusting filmy coating on my hair despite vigorous washing and rinsing and doesn’t leave my hair feeling remotely conditioned. The only time my hair felt nice after using this was when I wrapped my head in a hot towel and sat down for an episode of Midsomer Murders. Yes, I am actually an 80 year old trapped in a 23 year olds body. After that 2 hour soak my hair did feel nice though again it did require an almighty rinsing out. However I feel the product should work as directed, and for me it doesn’t. Yes if I planned my time I could have 2 hours a week to use this to fully benefit me but my name is Jade and I am a scatterbrain. I plan nothing.

Wow. That was an essay. Thank you so much for bearing with me and I have done a little bit (lot) of haulage these last few weeks so I will be posting those in the next few days. If you have any other suggestions for posts or products to replace these ones I’ve used please let me know!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really interested in Clinique Moisture Surge, but it's sooo expensive for me x=

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh and me, if it wasn't a GWP I'd have never of tried it. I've never tried anything that absorbs so quickly, hope I either find a proper job or a dupe soon!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)