Pages

Saturday 19 November 2011

High Fives - Blushers

Happy Saturday! I've been a total lazza lately due to work and keine geld hence why I am inside on a Saturday with greasy hair watching How It Works. Have you watched this shizzle?! I'm fascinated. I am a total geek mind, I like to think I'm useful to have around in the instance of a pub quiz.

I have been making an effort to 'shop my stash' this last week, the lack of money has meant no new purchases and it's likely I won't buy anything until xmas now (sob!) so I've been trying to use what I have in the hope of finding some new favourites. In the case of blusher however, it's only made me realise how much I love my favourites!

I did try and select my top five but the number slowly crept up until I had eight. Four powder and four cream mind, I don't think that's too bad especially considering blusher is one of my top faves. Also a warning, I took these pictures on my phone as it seems to capture some colours better than my camera and my Dad's camera inhales batteries every 6 seconds, so some pictures aren't brilliant but hopefully you get the gist.

FaveBlushers

Top L-R Benefit Coralista, 17 First Flush, Models Own Warm Glow, Nars Deep Throat

Bottom L-R Illamasqua Rude, NYX glow, Topshop Neon Rose, Topshop Head Over Heels

Faveblushers5

FaveBlushers2

Argh nightmare picture, best of about 8000!

FaveBlushers4

FaveBlushers6

It depends what mood/rush I'm in as to whether I use cream or powder formula. I do prefer cream, if you use it sparingly you can achieve a natural-ish finish even if you are using a colour that doesn't look natural, if you get me. What I'm trying to say is I can wear more outlandish colours without looking like a clowny knob. Powders are better for a slap-on-and-go scenario, with the exception of 17's First Flush, wear this one at your peril! It is easy to go a little wild and over apply this one as I've found. If I'm on a night out and need my makeup to last longer/last through dancefloor clammy-ness I will use a cream then a powder. My current go to combo that seems to go with anything is Topshop's Head Over Heels topped by Nars' Deep Throat.

I don't think I can pick a clear favourite out of any of these! Another blusher that deserves a honourable mention is MAC's Ladyblush, a cream blush in the old formula that is now discontinued. It would have probably made this up to nine favourite's if it was in my blusher box as it was supposed to be....another sister related theft on my hands I bet.

So do you agree with these picks? Do you own any of these or have any to recommend? I'm always on the hunt for a new blusher!!

2 comments:

Comments make the world go round :)