Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

Tinsely Winsely

OH MY GOD I LOVE NAIL POLISH! I am actually dreading the day I get a ‘proper’ job because I won’t be allowed to wear nail polish. OK, not actually dreading, but I will be sad.

There isn’t a Sally’s in Bristol for normal people so when I go to Cheltenham or Hull I always have a snoop to see what catches my eye!

I got this on my last trip to Hull last week, one of China Glaze’s Let It Snow collection polishes for Christmas. It’s way too early to be thinking about Christmas but surely Christmas nail polish is different? Tinsel Town is the one on the display that I liked the look of straight off though I could easily have got another 2 at least!

It’s described on Fashion Polish as ‘Boldsilver, metallic glitter’. With it being a glitter I decided to layer it in the vain hope it would be less of a pain in the arse to remove, I used OPI’s Lucerne-tainly Look Marvellous from last years Swiss collection. This is 2 coats of Lucerne-tainly Look Marvellous and 1 coat of Tinsel Town. My index finger also has a coat of China Glaze’s Fairy Dust in the first two pictures

TinselTown

TinselTown1

I then put 2 coats of Tinsel Town alone on my index and ring fingers.

TinselTown4

As you can see the base colour looks slightly lighter and it is still very sheer, I would imagine it would need at least another coat, more like another 2 to make it opaque.

Despite my efforts to ensure an easier removal it was still a total pain! Worth it though, I love greys and the different shapes of glitter make it interesting and while not festive exactly, it’s fantastic for an occasion. Or everyday if you like glitter like me :)

TinselTown2

Fairy Dust is on the left, Tinsel Town is on the right

TinselTown3

AHH!!! Love love love.

Have you picked up any Let It Snow polishes? I am sooo tempted to go back and get more but I can’t afford to! I will definitely wear this a lot though, it goes with everything!

What do you think? Are you a fan of glitters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)