Pages

Monday 7 November 2011

Travelling Light??

Bonjour ladies! I hope you have had a lovely weekend, despite the weather getting chillier and chillier :( I have spent the weekend with the boy up in Yorkshire so I thought I’d do a quick ‘what I brought with me’ post.

The light is shoddy as so there are no swatches but if there is anything you want to see in more detail please comment and I’ll do a post…

First up is skincare

InMyTravelBag

L-R Jergen’s Skin Firming moisturiser, Bioderma Crealine H2O, Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, Good Things Stay Clear Purifying Cleanser, Toner I made myself of rosewater and witch hazel in a Sanctuary bottle, HEMA Night Cream for normal/combination skin, Nuxe Creme Etincelante, Sephora Instant Moisturiser and Wet N Wild Megalash Clinical Serum.

This looks a lot but I am trying to use up the Good Things cleanser so brought it along and I don’t like using the Nuxe cream daily as it does contain fruit acids and though it makes my skin feel AMAZING I don’t feel it is needed every night so I alternate it with the HEMA cream.

Haircare

WhatsInMyTravelBags

L-R Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Shampoo and Conditioner (free with John Lewis offer) L’Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Conditioning Spray (not sure what it’s properly called as the writing is in Dutch), L’Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Night Serum.

I got the Ojon shampoo and conditioner with the offer where you took an empty bottle into John Lewis. I was excited to see if £20 shampoo and conditioner would make a real difference. I do think this does but at the same time £20 a bottle is quadruple what I’d normally pay, it’s a possible repurchase for when I’m ‘in the money’ but happily I’ve got a long way to go because you need to use hardly anything.

I am really trying not to use L’Oreal products due to their animal testing policies but my Mum knows I have used and like them and buys them for me when they are on offer when she buys herself hair stuff so I have these to get through. I really do like these products and wish the EU ban would hurry up!

Makeup – Face

WhatsInMyTravelBag3

L-R La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo, Bare Minerals Original foundation in Fairly Light, Mac Face & Body sample in N1, Make Up For Ever Face & Body in 38, Superdrug Natural High Brightening Eye Cream, Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealers in 2 Light and 1 Fair, MAC Select Moisturecover in NW20, GOSH Touch Up Concealer in 1, Keromask masking cream in Ultra Light, Fyrinnae Fluff powder

I got the La Roche-Posay cream the other day and I love it already. Then I realise La Roche-Posay is owned by L’Oreal *capitalisation grumble* so I am annoyed at myself. Bare Minerals I use if I’m spotty or my skin is feeling a bit manky (technical term) and I was hoping to do a comparison in the next few weeks on the MAC and MUFE Face & Body foundations. The eye cream stays with my makeup because I apply it just before concealer so it doesn’t go *as* cakey. I brought a few concealers with me because I have loads and still nothing I am 100% happy with so I am experimenting with mixing etc to see if I can find something perfect! I love the Fyrinnae powder, I find it really blurs my pores and sets my makeup beautifully. I got a small jar but will defo be ordering a big one when I run out.

Makeup – Eyes

WhatsInMyTravelBag4

L-R Tweezerman Eyelash Curlers, Urban Decay Primer Potion Original, Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner Black, Bourjois Liner Feutre Black, Vivo Trio Eyeshadow Palette in Innocence, MAC All That Glitters, MUA Pearl Shade 12, Sleek Molten Metal 714 Pewter/Gold Leaf, Tweezerman Metal Eyelash Comb, Bourjois Volume Clubbing Black, Sleek Brow Kit Dark, MUA mascara Shade 1

The eyelash curlers have been my old faithfuls for years now. UDPP is essential and I’m trying to use it up because I’ve had it for a while. The eyeliners are my go to’s, MAC and MUA shadows are two of my faves and I’m testing out the Vivo palette. I haven’t used the Molten Metals since I’ve been here but wanted to try the palette over them. The mascara is ok, the only thing is it DOESN’T BUDGE! Which is a good thing in terms of wear but when removing? Pain in the ass! I’ve only had the brow kit a week or so and I do like it so far but it keeps encouraging me to do tranny/Brooke Shields brows which the boy is not a fan of!

Makeup – Blusher/Bronzer/Highlight

WhatsInMyTravelBag5

L-R Benefit Posie Tint (from Glamour), Vivo Baked Blush in Peaches and Cream, Sleek Blush in Rose Gold, Guerlain Meteorites Perles in Teint Beige 02, Benefit High Beam, Nars Laguna bronzer and Sleek Face Contour Kit Light

I basically stuck to old faithfuls here too, High Beam, Laguna, the Contour Kit and the Guerlain Perles. The blushers are ones I haven’t used much so want to see how well they last/apply/etc

Makeup – Lips

WhatsInMyTravelBag6

L-R Collection 2000 Lasting Colour 8 Sweet Tart, 17 Mirror Shine Beehive, MAC Ever Hip, W7 Mega Matte no shade, Sleek True Colour Sheen Coral Reef, Illamasqua Brink, Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss Papaya

Along with the ten trillion lip products in my handbag.

This may seem like a lot but I was in a mad rush packing and knew there were some things I wanted to test out while I was gone. When I’m at home I can be easily tempted to use products I know work or go with what rather than experimenting a bit so I try and bring a variety with me when I travel.

As I said if there is anything you want to see in more detail then just comment and I’ve linked to products featured in previous posts

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)