Pages

Tuesday 6 December 2011

High….Eights?–Lipsticks

Happy Tuesday ladies!

I hope your having a good week and Monday wasn’t too punishing! I’ve got a long week at work, part of me is grateful because I need the money but part of me wants to hide in the foetal position and wake up on the 3rd of January when I start my new job with a flat all sorted! I hate that when I get stressed I want to run away…need to work on that fo sho.

Onto more interesting matters….I am trying to cover my favourites in my makeup collection and as I’m sure you have gathered lipsticks are one of my favourite items of makeup! I have waaay too many really but I can’t stop buying regardless. Here are the shades I perhaps don’t reach for every day but when I do I love it.

These pictures are taken on my phone as it picks up some colours better than my camera…

FaveLippies

FaveLippies1

From L-R – Topshop Ooh La La, 17 Shine On Peace, Collection 2000 Lasting Colour Sweet Tart, Illamasqua Brink, Illamasqua Obey, MAC Viva Glam Gaga, MAC Pink Plaid, MAC Creme Cup

FaveLippies3

Ummm so my arm looks weird because it’s upside down, I swatched them backwards so left it like this to match…..

FaveLippies4_picnik FaveLippies5

Same order as above…..

I would say my absolute favourite out of these is MAC’s Creme Cup. It’s a cremesheen formula so glides on really well and isn’t drying. It literally goes with EVERYTHING. Basically if in doubt wear Creme Cup. A close second is Ooh La La, I wasn’t sure what to expect from a clothes shop make up line but this is great! Again, another if in doubt use this colour. These are also probably the easiest to wear in terms of colour and formula.

There are a few others missing I do love, MAC’s Lustering and Chatterbox are brilliant but I haven’t worn them in a few weeks. Time to crack out a ‘lip a day’ scheme I think!

Are any of these your favourites? Or do you have any recommendations?

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely! Ooh La La and Pink Plaid are my favourites from these post.
    My all-time favourite lipsticks are M.A.C. Del-Rio and Viva Glam Cyndi. I want to get Viva Glam Gaga 2 and Topshop Nevada so bad (well, lipstick is my greatest addiction..)

    Isabela
    http://fusels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Viva Glam Cyndi too, it's the reddest I can do without feeling like a tranny! The way I see it is I don't smoke or drink that much so lipstick and/or blusher is an acceptable vice. Better than crack I say :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)