Pages

Friday 11 May 2012

Things I Can’t Live Without: Drei

Tonight I am working another night shift and last night I worked a late shift. So today is for lying in and general laziness yes? No. I got woken up at around 10am by two men on my doorstep wanting to talk about God. To be fair to them, when I answered the door in my dressing gown with a face like thunder when I realised they weren’t the postman bearing gifts they retreated pretty quickly. Believe in what you want to believe in, just don’t knock on my door in the morning when I am working nights to discuss it.
So I tried to get back to sleep and couldn’t so decided to do something productive. Pack for my weekend away? No, blog more like.
So here is something I have been meaning to post about for ages
bbthick
I have talked/whinged about my hair many a time. It’s fine, limp and generally crap. I can’t even say ‘it’s fine but there’s a lot of it’ like people do, because that would be a lie. In short I want thick luxurious hair that behaves itself without having to do any of the work/spend any of the ££ that would be required.
Bumble & Bumble Thickening Hairspray pretty much does that for me for a good price in return.
bbthick1
It really does do what it says on the bottle. I’ve tried many thickening products throughout the years and this is the one I’ve most consistently repurchased, this must be my fourth or fifth bottle? And it lasts for ages, I’ve been using it fairly consistently for the last seven years or so when I could only find it in Selfridge’s. The first time I tried to buy it I remember being devastated when I went to watch One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest at the Gielgud with my Dad and Selfridge’s had sold out. First world problems or what?!
bbthick2
FLASH! (Ahhhaaaaaa) The fine-spray nozzle actually produces a fine spray from the off and distributes itself nicely. I use probably 6 or 7 sprays in total for a average day, more when I’m going out, and that provides nice everyday volume. It doesn’t weigh hair down or feel crispy. If it ever has felt a bit crispy where I’ve overapplied/not got that area with the hairdryer, I just brush it through and it feels the same as the rest of my hair. Silky, smooth and volumised.
I honestly can’t say a bad word about this product! It’s a little on the expensive side but it lasts for so long it negates that. I don’t think there is any beauty product I own that I have bought as consistently as this.
The most accessible place on the high street to get this is SpaceNK where it retails for £20.50 but it is also available from many online retailers. I got this particular bottle on Buyapowa for a tenner though so keep an eye out!
Have you used this? Or do you have any recommendations for any other thickening hair bizzles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)