Pages

Friday 15 June 2012

Review: Laura Geller Spackle

Gutentag!

I hope you are all well! This is just a quick one from me, I realised I haven’t properly reviewed much in ages and my daily work makeup routine has changed a bit since my previous Weekly Wear post – I really should pull my finger out and update it! I am hoping to be done with some of the items I’m using soon, wearing the same concealers and eyeshadow for nearly 4 months is doing my head in!!

Anyway, in that post I was using Benefit’s That Gal primer which I only ended up using for a few days due to a crop of spots appearing. They may or may not have been down to that but when I stopped using it they went so who knows! Around that time I had ordered a Laura Geller set from QVC which came with a huge 59ml bottle of the range’s primer – Spackle.

Lauragelz

They say “Oil-free primer prepares skin for makeup application by smoothing and perfecting the texture of your skin. Helps makeup last longer and keep colors true”

I whole-heartedly agree with this statement. I apply a tiny blob to my face once my moisturiser has sunk in and leave it for a few minutes before starting my makeup. It does make my skin smooth and velvety without feeling at all heavy which is an issue I had with GOSH’s Velvet Touch primer. My makeup just glides over it! It makes no claims regarding pore minimising but I do find that mine are slightly filled in with this alone and once my makeup is on they are hardly visible.

I find it hard to comment on the issue of the wear of my makeup because of my workplace. I work in a heavily air-conditioned environment where I am running around like a blue assed fly all day. Sweaty face (sorry but it’s true!) plus blasting air con = a messed up complexion. It does extend the wear of my makeup in comparison to makeup without primer but it still fades and is a little patchy by the time I get home. However, I feel it is unfair to use these as negative points because the best primer in the world would struggle in my workplace!

lauragelz1
lauragelz2

It’s in a tube so it’s easy to control how much comes out – handy because that blob above is enough for my whole face!

A little goes a long way with this stuff making it’s already pretty good value price on QVC of £24.52 for 120g even better. My tube is 56g and it’s lasted months already.

I really like this primer – my skin feels amazing, it’s oil-free, doesn’t feel heavy on my skin and my makeup goes on like a dream. If I didn’t have loads of primers to use after I finish this one (which will already take me aggges) I would repurchase straight away for sure. I definitely will in the future.
Have you tried any Laura Geller products? Or do you have any other primer recs?

Just one more thing…
lauragelz3
A lazy girls dream dinner – yes it’s sauce in a packet which made me feel a little bit dirty (the boy and I make our own pasta sauces regularly but haven’t ever braved curry!) but it was a quid from Asda and aside from being a little hotter than I expected Butter Chicken to be it was really good! NOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)