Pages

Thursday 30 August 2012

Moving On…Botanics All Bright Toner

Sooooo….I’m slack to say the least! I feel as if I don’t leave work right now and this week is a 6 dayer for me which sucks balls. However I have booked a little holiday for me and the man for a few weeks time so things are looking up!!!

This post is following on from the one I did a few weeks ago on my current skincare routine. I know skincare is incredibly subjective but when I ran out of the product last week I rushed (may contain traces of porkie!) out straight away to repurchase without a second thought.

Toner is a take it or leave it product for some people but I am firmly in the take it camp! My face doesn’t feel properly clean post cleansing without it and I’ve tried a few high street offerings in the past few years. Most of them I haven’t been too taken with and had even been using my own rosewater and witch hazel concoction of late until I ran out. That’s when I picked up this badboy and I haven’t looked back!

toner1
Toner

Boots’ Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner claims to “…helps visibly tighten pores and instantly brighten skin.” Personally I’m not completely sold on these claims. While my skin has been looking brighter and my pores bothering me a little less, I doubt it is down to this toner, more down to my routine as a whole. It contains AHA’s to help smooth the skin (can you tell I know eff all about these things?!) which means you should use sunscreen after use, a pain in the bum for some but I personally do anyway.

At the end of the day, it’s a toner. I’m sure it won’t make miracles happen. That being said, I have used plenty of toners that have stripped my skin and this is not one of them. It really does leave my skin feeling refreshed and ready for a good moisturisation! For the £4 odd this cost, and it is currently on special offer for less, this is a great buy.

In other news, there was a kite festival on Southsea Common last weekend. We didn’t stay too long but of the ones I saw this was a fave…spongey
How’s that for a bodge job Spongebob! I’m guessing that’s what this is meant to be!

Until next time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)