Pages

Monday 4 March 2013

Luscious Lashes–Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Mascara

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you all had a good start to the week.

My Monday has been spent giving blood and preparing for the first day of my new job tomorrow! Eek!

 

I picked up this mascara in Amsterdam but only started using it at around Christmas time. It’s now on it’s way out so I figured I’d get a quick post in there before it finally bites the dust!

 

YvesRocherSexyPulp

Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Ultra-Volume Mascara I got this in the Amsterdam store, in the UK it is available online for £16.90, currently on offer for £8.95

 

I first read about this mascara on a blog I can’t remember absolute yonks ago. It didn’t pique my interest enough to buy online but when I spotted the shop in the Dam I grabbed it quick!

It’s housed in a smart dark purple tube, pretty standard so far. Upon opening however you are greeted with this mahoosive bad boy!

YvesRocherSexyPulp1

I did do a quick comparison picture with the other mascaras I currently have, all are plastic bristled though but you get the idea…

YvwsRocherSexyPulp2

It’s pretty ginormous. I personally don’t struggle with big brushes but if you do have issues with the likes of Benefit’s Bad Gal then you might want to give this one a wide berth.

Formula wise, it’s forte is definitely volumising over lengthening. It doesn’t create a clumpy one lash mess though – my lashes are kept nicely defined. The formula is really buildable too, the odd lashes might require a comb-through but I am particularly fussy about this. If I do feel like adding a little more length I just brush through the tips of my lashes, this boosts the length minus the clumping.

             YvesRocherSexyPulp3  YvesRocherSexyPulp4

This holds a curl pretty well too – especially as I have my fringe covering half my face all day. I do have one issue though that I don’t usually suffer with. Smudging. It happened the first time I wore this so I put it to the back of my stash only to love the effect it has on my lashes. I’ve been keeping this as my weekend/day off mascara for this reason and it’s been fine until recently now its on it’s way out.

Would I repurchase? Yes, I do really like this mascara and if it wasn’t for the smudging it would be top fave material.

 

What do you think? Do you have any mascara suggestions? I never know which ones are any good so generally buy blind in Superdrug or Boots and end up disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)