Pages

Friday 15 March 2013

Review–REN Resurfacing AHA Concentrate

Howdy there! This is just a quickie today on a skincare goodie I’ve been loving the past few weeks!

I’ve ranted and raved on here before about Nuxe’s Creme Etincelante, it was truly a fantastic night cream, may it rest in peace, but unobtainable in the UK. Since it’s demise last year I was stuck for a rejuvenating night cream that would live up to the legend of Etincelante. After seeing this post over at Sailboat I was sold, my first foray into much hailed REN skincare it was.

renresurfacingconcentrate

REN’s Resurfacing AHA Concentrate claims to “Gently exfoliate so skin appears radiant, even toned and smoothed. Reduces the appearance of pores size and fine lines. Improves moisture retention and the efficacy of your skincare routine.”

In a nutshell, I would agree with all of those statements. I use this every other night and follow with either La Roche Posay’s Effaclar Duo or Origins Make A Difference Plus + Treatment and the following morning all the flaky bits down the side of my nose are gone (urgh!) and my skin is generally more radiant. Since using this my pores have been bothering me less and my forehead doesn’t feel anywhere as dehydrated as it used to. I also haven’t had nearly as many issues with redness and flaking as I normally do in winter and I think that can be largely attributed to this!

renresurfacing1 

I give it a little shake then empty and refill the pipette so I’m getting newly mixed product then apply all over my face with the remainder down my neck. I don’t experience any tingling that it does warn may happen but I don’t have sensitive skin.

The glass bottle is pretty classy and as a science nerd at school anything with pipettes make me feel like I need to wear those shocking goggles. Ahh nostalgia.

The price is the only thing that put me off buying this at first – at £30 for 30ml it certainly doesn’t appear to be a bargain. However I’ve used it alternate nights since just after Christmas and I am only down to the bottom of the orange band around the top of the bottle so it’s clearly going to last a long while!

If you are looking for a treatment that banishes flakes and makes redness more manageable then look no further! This is a worthy Etincelante replacement for sure.

I have only bought REN through their website, the delivery is brilliant, they frequently have offers and you get a choice of samples too!

Have you got any other REN suggestions?! I’m due to need a new night cream and got a sample of their Frankincense one, I’m hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make the world go round :)