Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

Worky Time Must Haves

Well hello!! I’m trying really hard to pull my finger out and blog some but these overcast northern skies are trying their hardest to screw me over! Luckily a day off (already?! Yes my car died on me….fab!) meant I could grab the teensy bit of light and take some snaps.

If you don’t already know from my perpetual whinging about the state of my hands I work in a hospital. It’s pretty manic so I spend a lot of the time running around like a headless chicken between the arctic conditions of my department and the sauna-like existence of others. This means I spend a good portion of the day sweating (grim!) but freezing the next moment, all of which is bad news for my skin and makeup longevity.

Luckily I’ve found a few goodies I’ve come to rely upon along the way…

workmusthaves

L-R MAC Blushcreme Ladyblush, Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets, Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Fine Wine, Sure Maximum Protection Confidence, Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow 25 Ash, Aveeno Hand Cream, Make Up For Ever Face & Body 38, Eyedew Dazzling Eye Drops

workmusthaveladyblush

MAC Blushcreme Ladyblush I got this before the formula of MAC cream blushers was changed…they do still have a shade called Ladyblush but I’m not sure it’s the same one! I love cream formulas and this one is a winner, it stays put all day long and the shade is really natural.

Kleenex Shine Absorbing Sheets If you haven’t tried these you must! I had never found a blotting sheet I liked before these, a lot claim to remove excess oil without disturbing makeup but these deliver. They are always on offer too.

workmusthavesfinewine

Wet N Wild Eyeshadow Fine Wine Again I’m not sure where you can get this, I picked up a load back in the day when Wet N Wild was sold at Tesco. For a quid you can’t do much better, the formula is smooth and creamy and stays all day with maybe a bit of minor creasing at the end of the day. That’s without a primer mind, I’m on my last one of these and when it dies I’ll be gutted!

Sure Maximum Protection Deodorant Is something I saw a lot of posts about at the time of it’s release and wasn’t sold on. However a while later I was desperate for a deodorant that really did the business and this does. I don’t faff with applying at night though, I do every morning and it works fine.

workmusthavesmufe

Make Up For Ever Aqua Brow 25 Ash Is a fairly new purchase but a goodie, finally my eyebrows stay in place all day. The colour is slightly off, I could have probably gone a shade darker but it blends fine and I’m not bothered if they don’t move!

Aveeno Hand Cream Is my favourite of the minute. It contains oatmeal but be aware that doesn’t mean it smells like Hobnobs. Sad face. If your hands are an old lady mess like mine then try this.

workmusthavesmufefb

Make Up For Ever Face & Body 38 I’m on my second bottle of this. It gives a really light coverage, enough to even skin tone but not enough to skip concealing. My favourite thing about it though is that it lasts. Even if it does fade it does evenly so no weird patches or flaky bits! Best foundation ever!

Eyedew Dazzling Eye Drops Can’t be beaten to wake you up in the morning! When I’m tired my eyes go red and hot and I look like I’ve been on the wacky baccy. These sort that out!

workmusthaveswatches

What a woolly mammoth post that was! Did anything catch your eye? Do you have any recommendations of things that can go the distance? I’m all ears!

1 comment:

  1. I used to see the Wet n Wild eyeshadows at pound shops but not recently. Shame. The MAC blush looks pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make the world go round :)